Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 243: No Far Away

Okay, so here's what went down:
My morning should have started at 5:55 because of my alarm. However, because of my lazy self, I ended up getting out of bed at 6:25; a little later than desired, BUT I got up, and that's what matters. I went to chapel rehearsal, which went great; I got to try out camera 3 this time. The things about camera 3 is that you are responsible for following the main speaker or MC, so naturally that brings up some pressure. The guys said I did a reasonable job, even during the actual chapel (which followed an awesome Personal Evangelism class). After chapel, there was the usual hour break before our musicianship/songwriting workshop; this time around, there was a bit more pressure. Instead of one song and usage of charts and lyric sheets, we had to learn 2 songs and perform them without the charts. While I believe the band did a great job at figuring the songs out, a combination of bad time managing, confusion over the charts, and lack of organization resulted in what could have been improved. Overall, the workshop was great; I can't wait for next week's. The rest of my day didn't involve much; but I do want to get these assessments done early so I can relax over the weekend. If last semester taught me anything in terms of common sense, it's that taking care of the assessments early on can really help reduce stress levels; I've noticed people working furiously at 11:30 in the evening trying to finish/upload assessments due in half an hour, and that's not where I want to end up. It's good to be ready ahead of time, and I hope I can stay committed to my plan.

God bless,
Steven

P.S. the title of today's blog is in tribute to Chris August, whom I have recently become a fan of. This guy's music is so inspiring; I can't stop listening to his music online!! I think you should check him out sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment