Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 237: Meeting, Boxes, and Prayers

I woke up later than usual (thank God), mainly because I wasn't doing anything until 11:15. I met with Bede, one of the church's primary drummers about the setup for the Box, which was tonight. The original idea was to set up the stage on top of the reception desk and to have tables set around it. More on that later..
After that meeting I had a little bit of time before my other meeting with Gary about the Street Teams video I'm working on. So far, we have a little bit of the footage stored onto a computer; we just need the rest before I can start editing away. That should get some more progress on Saturday.
Then, I came back here to Skype with my family, and despite some internet connection issues, we managed to have a great talk (I just wish the internet in the stairwell didn't shut down so abruptly). I had little time after that before I had to go back to college to set up the foyer for the Box.
The Box actually turned out a lot better than I imagined. We made it like a sort of cafe style setting, and the people that participated did such great work with their performances (video will be posted at some point when the internet in our place is back). MY personal favorite was Alexis, who under her stage name Wyze did a rap (which has never been done in my knowledge of the Box's existence), and it was absolutely epic. Due to the Box being right before Powerhouse, Powerhouse ended up being real different this time around, BUT needless to say it was good. The other awesome thing that happened is that Donny finally got the money to pay off his fees and most of his rent. God is answering prayer, no doubt; another prayer He hinted at was meeting this guy named Ben, who works at the convenient store on the other side of my building. I felt something inside me, telling me to just ask how he was going, and that simple question turned into a whole conversation; I sure hope God will bless me with more opportunities to talk with him.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment