Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 229: Musician In Training

Today started around 6:30, because I wanted enough time to get ready for our trip to the Hills campus. We had a student/staff meeting out there with Pastor Brian Houston, so after the one hour bus ride there, we had one class and then the meeting. Worship was phenomenal, and Brian's message was powerful (as is pretty much all of his messages). After a nice "morning tea" which had no tea in it whatsoever, we headed back to the City Campus in time to get some rest before our other classes. My Tuesdays are pretty much the music days, because we have a 3 hour workshop that is solely focused on music, specifically songwriting and musicianship. Today and for the next few weeks, we are going to work on intensive song learning; the way it works is that 5 minutes before our start, we are given a song that we don't know and are given an hour to learn all the parts in time for a performance. This is being done because it's a part of the worship team life, since sometimes they are given a song to learn like 15 to 20 minutes before the start of a service. I think that this is a fantastic way to get some more experience, and it was a blast working with some people I haven't worked with before. After that intensive, I got to do some practice time with my friend Joe; we went through some Hill-songs, which was awesome considering we had never gone though those songs all the way through before. My evening was basically hanging out with Donny and Andrew for their Connect Group, which currently has only two members: the leaders. We had some food and watched the remake of Clash of the Titans, which I must admit that I found it to be better than I figured it would be. Tomorrow's my day off, but with the things I need to get done, it might not really be a "day off".

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment