Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 231: Materials..

Today was awesome, despite some minor setbacks. The morning was all Sisterhood (which went great; I got to reunite with my friend Camera 1 during the service). After that it was a small break before my other class, New Testament Intro with Duncan. I love this man's wisdom; he just has such an intriguing way of presenting ideas and stories from the Bible that it blows me away every time. We talked about the history of the Mediterranean area before Christ's entering into the earth; it's truly amazing how it all connects when you put the passages of the Bible together with the historical context around it. Is it weird of me to say I'm excited for the assessments of this class?
The biggest setback was with Telstra. So after all this time waiting and waiting, they told us that we would get our internet back tomorrow if we paid it off (which was the original plan). However, they said they already reactivated it a week ago (which is ridiculous, because nothing in our place worked). So now they are asking us to pay $99, plus another $22 charge (for basically nothing), in order for us to get our internet back. Australian internet companies officially suck. We're gonna get this all figured out soon; we just hoped it wouldn't be so expensive. The other setback was during the bass workshop. We were going over one of the new songs, when suddenly my bass guitar decided to stop working. Like, it just died there on the spot. I have to figure out if I can fix it, because I really need this thing to be functional with all the song intensives coming up.
Team Night was the redeeming point of it all. Catrina gave an incredible message on worship and what it requires from us. IT was seriously one of the best messages I've heard in a while; the only one I could think of that could be better is the Sunday Night Live coming up featuring Robert Fergusson! Other than all this, the little things in between made this day, as before mentioned, awesome.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment