Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 223: Oh, the wonderful day off

As the title of today's blog says, it was a good day off. I got to sleep in a little more, which was awesome; and I will admit, I did procrastinate a little with getting out of bed. After breakfast and some music, I went to the Post Office to pick up a couple shirts that came in the mail; very happy that they are now in my possession. When I came back, I hung out with Josh and Aaron, and we talked about guitar and our dear friend Andre Hagen, who is no longer with us, but active as ever. Aaron showed me some of the stuff Andre worked on while he was here, and I feel like such an amateur when I'm hearing his music! Seriously, this guy has God's anointing ALL OVER HIM!!! So moving on, I can proudly say that I was able to Skype with my dad for the first time in a while; unfortunately, my internet's still down, but I'm happy I got to talk with him. That alone made my day worth it. After that it was time to set up for Powerhouse, and that went by much faster than usual. I'm sure it had to do with us having some new guys helping out; we finished in almost half the time. Powerhouse overall was good; I'm glad I get to be part of something awesome every week.
Today was very reflective. You ever have those days where you just look back at moments in your life? I had those moments all day. While walking to the post office, I was listening to Starfield's latest album. It made me think not only of when I first saw them at Summerfest near Great America, but also of all the time when God used their songs to speak to me. I've always admired their music because every song was reflective of how I felt and how I wanted to worship. I also got to think of how many people I care about back home. I have a big spiritual family, and to all of you, I am praying for you without ceasing! Talking with my dad brought a lot of those thoughts as well; especially after hearing Andy finally got his GMA. That brought a joy to my heart, because I got to remember all the great memories of being in the Royal Rangers. Ah, those were the days... but look where I am now. I'm not necessarily starting any fires or pitching tents, but I am growing the fire for God and pitching a "tent of meeting" if you will. I may not remember all the knots we used to tie things, but I do know that God is tied to me with a knot that can never be undone: His love for me.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment