Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 239: Prayer in the Spirit

Dear God,
I come to You as Your son, as well as Your servant. I can proudly say that my life has been a blessing and a gift because of Your grace and mercy. I believe in my heart, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that You are real and that You are holy. You are my reason for living and breathing, and there is nothing else that compares to You. Lord, I want to dedicate a blog entry just for You, because I see many needs in the lives of those I love as well as my own. I know that You hear me, so I'll do my best to mention everything.
Let's start with my family, the people I cherish most in my life (even the tiny, four legged furry ones.) I pray over my parents's marriage. I thank you that I have been part of a family that has stuck through trial after trial, but I know that even then there are challenges, as is life. Please continue to be what keeps my family together; restore the health of our relationships with each other so that we won't become another statistic to the world's standard. We are all Your children, so may we be set apart from today's "normal". Bring peace to my mom and dad, as they are constantly sacrificing their time, energy, and money to keep the whole family secure. I don't know what I would do without them. Bless their marriage, so that they can have the happiness that was there since the beginning for years to come. As for my sister, I just pray for You to be her strength; You know her heart and that she's seeking You. You said that if we sought You, we would find You; in that case, I don't doubt Mandy will find what she's been searching for. Oh, and please help Sausage and Albert calm down and be good little ones; I can only imagine how they have been driving my family crazy this year...
I pray over my home of San Francisco, and everything I've been away from: other family, friends, mentors, spiritual advisors, and my church homes. I pray for San Francisco Christian School, City Impact Ministries, and Ministerios Yeshua Es El Senor. These are places that You are using to impact people's lives, and I pray that Your favor will remain constant over them. We need Your churches to be stronger than ever during these hard times, so as Your word says that You won't leave or forsake us, let us be dependent on You to keep us strong and pressing on.
I pray over those in my life that either choose not to believe in You or have at one point and have now abandoned it. I know You care for them so much, and if it is Your will to use me to reach out to them, then give me opportunities to do so. I am here, and I am willing; as my mom presented me to You to be Your servant, I take that decision whole-heartedly as my own.
Lastly, I pray over our relationship. The heart surgery You're performing on me still has a ways to go, but I'm remaining calm because I know that in the end I will be made whole. God, I don't care what I have to go through to get there; as long as I get there. Guide me in Your truth, that I can be the person You've called me to be. Fill me with Your Spirit, so that my relationship with You can go to a whole other level. Take control of this life. Carry this broken mess. Help me live a life that is and will be acceptable in Your sight.
Your son,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment