Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 214: Desperate Times..

Today I woke up at a most unusual time: 11:50 a.m. I don't know why I need THAT much sleep, but apparently I do, so I'm not complaining. I spent most of the afternoon just having personal time, reading the Word, exercising a little, and cleaning up my parts of the flat. Since today is Donny's birthday, he's out having a good time; he deserves it for sure. To be completely honest with you, I really didn't do much; but then again, we all have those days when we're not that productive for the sake of simply relaxing from the everyday lives we live. I definitely had a good time having alone time, especially when I know I won't have as much from this point on. Today had it's sad parts though. I had to say bye to two more of my friends; one who finished their first year and is returning to Mexico, and the other who was halfway through their first semester but didn't have the finances to finish the year. It's a real bummer when we see people that can't pay all the college fees and lose out of things.... it makes me grateful that I have an amazing family that has been supporting me this whole time. Some people don't even have that, so I appreciate the massive sacrifices my mom, dad, and sister make so I can stay here well provided for. One thing I was thinking about was the other bad news I received via Facebook: my dear friend Josh Kazemi is moving back to Texas. We're not all immune to the economic struggle, and although it sucks that he probably won't be around when I come back, I know that he's pursuing God above all else. That being said, I know God's got his back. At the same time though, I am excited to see the rest of my San Francisco family: my family, Hannah and her family, my SFC peeps, and maybe even the City Impact people as well. Thankfully, I have a month and a half to catch up on things; YES!!

God bless,
Steven

P.S. I also found out on Facebook that I randomly won a music contest from NewReleaseTuesday.com, but I was supposed to send in my email information by the 30th of July. However, due to the internet shortage at my flat, and not enough time to check EVERYTHING when I had internet access, I just got the message today; oh well... maybe next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment