Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 230: Video In An Hour

That's right. I made a video today. From concept to filming and editing in an hour. I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. Okay, so I've been trying to make this video for a while (specifically like 5 months), but I just never got the chance to make it. But I did today!!! So I went right at it, because I am making history as being one of the first video submitters for The Box. While there's a lot of bands that will be auditioning for a spot in the event, all I have to do is bring a DVD and show it to the judges for approval. I think it should be fine; I enjoyed making it so much. It's a great feeling when you have this vision for a film and you get to see it come to life in your own hands. Ah, the smile it puts on my face 8) so after that, I had lunch with Donny, Josh, and Aaron at good ol' Hungry Jack's (because we love it). I love hanging out with these guys; they're one of the top reasons why I love being here. Right after lunch, I went to school to get my job profile meeting taken care of; I can gladly say I need not worry about that anymore. It was a pretty quick meeting, plus an invitation to help head the bass guitar master classes (a bit scared of that, I'll admit); that should be interesting.... well, after that I got to Skype with my dad (and at least say hi to my sister); we talked for over an hour, just catching up on life. I don't even care if I have to annoy people with my echoing voice in a stairwell; I'm just grateful I can communicate with my family this way. After that, I was supposed to help set up for Powerhouse; however, my plans changed as I went with Donny to the city. So Donny's been praying for a job for a very long time; like, a VERY LONG TIME. Recently, he heard that one of his all time favorite stores, Hype DC (a shoe store), was hiring; so today he turned in his resume. They told him he might get a call back in about a week; he's asking God for a response in two days. We even went as far (or as bold) as to pray right in front of the store, not caring if people saw us. This is a need, and he believes with his heart that God will provide in the end. So I want to ask you, reader, to keep Donny in prayer that God can provide this dream job to him. He definitely deserves it.
Powerhouse was quite the eventful time; my leader, Valerie, decided to let me try and do HER job. Basically, it's what I do. Times 5. I was so worried about screwing up, but by God's grace, I managed to survive, and without a scratch. I just need to do a lot more training with this whole thing. Afterwards, I met with my friend Eldon, and we talked about forming a media team for Hillsong Men (or Misterhood, as we like to call it). Fortunately, I won't have as much responsibility with this team; just editing and finishing videos. Speaking of videos, I have a lot of videos waiting for an internet connection to be released to the world. All I ask for is patience, and soon I will be uploading them.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment