Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 224: An Elevated Reunion

Today was great. Sisterhood was awesome, and handling camera 1 again was sweet! After Sisterhood was over, I had a one hour break before my only other class, which was New Testament Introduction with Duncan Corby. Every time I hear Duncan Corby speak about the Bible in any context, I get excited because he is just full to the brim with knowledge and wisdom. The way he talks about the Bible makes me realize how much less I know than I originally thought; his intention for this course is to get us to see the Bible in a whole new way, and as of right now I can say it's working. I can't wait to see how this class progresses. My afternoon was resting a bit, chatting with a maintenance man from Russia while he helped replace some burnt out lights in my bathroom, and playing some Avatar: The Last Airbender. However, the evening was the highlight, thanks to Elevate; Elevate is basically the creative team's night to just worship and pray together. What made this particular Elevate night special to me was reuniting with two of my good friends from my very first mission trip here in Australia: Chad and Alyssa. It's been 3 years since I've seen them, and I'm so happy that they're here! Well, they're in the Hills campus, BUT I'm still happy that they're in Australia again. I get to see them on Tuesday as well! as of right now, there are four people from my GE trip back in 2007 here in Hillsong International Leadership College; and from what I hear, there will be plenty more on their way!!

God bless,
Steven


Now THIS is a T-shirt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment