Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 213: New Faces

Sunday. Here's how it went:

I got up nice and early to serve in the 8 a.m. service; today was special because we were going to introduce the new students that are joining our ranks to the choir life. We have a lot of new people; and they are all amazing and full of the worshipping spirit. That uplifted me so much that I truly felt God's presence during worship; at least, in a more intimate way than usual. Pastor Brian gave a message on the presence of God, specifically with Moses and the tent of meeting. What did I get out of it? I need to pay more respect for His presence in my life.
After the service, I returned to recover some rest, as well as taking care of the last assessment of the first semester. Unfortunately, I didn't get as much of it done as I wanted to, but I have tomorrow to finish it, so I'll be fine. As far as my afternoon goes, it was basically hanging out with my flatmates; especially Donny, since he's turning 20 tomorrow. He's been freaking out over it throughout the weekend; I'll be honest, it's a little entertaining. Not in a bad way, of course, but still..
The evening service was great as well; Crishan gave a message on taking a stand for what you believe in. He talked about how David, despite all the critical judgment he got as a kid, persisted and even defeated a giant. It encouraged us to practice being able to take a stand for our faith. I left very inspired, and I can't wait to get more of this spiritual food.
I just got back from celebrating 3 birthdays this evening: my friend Valerie's 25th, and a duel birthday of Donny and Becca (both turning 20). Like I said with Saturday's reflection, I love the college family; no matter what happens, we're all here for each other. and that is wassup.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment