Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 31: Goodness, Gracious

Yesterday was just an amazing day, no question about it. I was feeling a bit under the weather emotionally a couple times last week, and I wanted to be secure in what I'm doing here. God responded; and with full force. In the morning service, Donna Crouch gave a message about Joshua and how after Moses's death, it became his job to help the Israelites enter a new land. When
I thought about it, all I could think of was "Dude, sounds like me.." All my life I was following examples of a solid Christian life: my parents, my original pastor, my teachers, my friends, and other figures. I stood under them, watching, observing, and learning about what it takes to amplify my Christianity. But now that I'm here, those examples aren't. I can't rely on anyone back home to keep me in check; I have to take what I've learned over the years and use it. I'm in a "new land"; a land with promise. I felt that God wanted me to come here, so I responded; not just because it's Hillsong, but because I know by experience here that it's a life-changing atmosphere. Your view on God can really turn up a notch out here; and the country itself is just beautiful. I feel so comfortable to breathe the fresh, clean air and walk down the streets that are filled with natural decorations like trees and flowers. If it wasn't for all the smokers, it would be almost perfect. I mean even the water's good; it sounds weird, but you can drink water from the bathroom sink and it tastes almost identical to the types of water you get at fountains (the good ones). Sure, that seems gross, but just the fact that bathroom sink water is just as good as any other water that isn't added with vitamins/minerals is amazing. Yesterday, God just really gave me a better clarity of why I'm here, and I'm very relaxed now. It's nice to be relaxed.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment