Saturday, January 23, 2010

Days 21, 22, and 23: taking care of business

So here's the news.

The past few days have been quite a busy process. I've registered officially with Hillsong, opened my personal bank account here in Sydney, visited my apartment room (or flat, as they call it here.), and am now preparing to move in on Monday. I've also looked into getting a phone here, and I found the perfect company to go under. It's called Optus; why is it perfect, you ask? Because their slogan is (ready for this???) "Yes." HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!?!?!? It's almost like it was predestined for me to sign with Optus. And from the looks of things, I might be adding to my Apple collection (did you get what I mean? Did you?). I've been doing all kinds of stuff with my mom and sister: eating, sharing jokes, watching Invictus (which made Morgan Freeman my all time favorite African-American actor), shopping, and trying to find decent stuff on telelvision. 2 days stand between me and my college life's official initiation. Yesterday I found out for the Worship & Music class, I first have to audition to see what my music level is; I get to use a couple of my favorite Hill-songs to do it too! Can't wait for that; it'll be the 1st time I've used a piano in weeks! I have to get an airport express for my room so I can update this for you daily, so I'm starting to save up and looking for a job here (Apple store, I've got my eyes on YOU!!) Tomorrow I'm visiting Hillsong's church service, so I'm very excited for that. You would be too, I reckon. Until next time I get internet access, stay out of trouble, reader!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment