Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 10: Commissioned By Prayer

I love Sundays. They're just so good. Church was interesting, because pretty much everyone was gone to a retreat in Fort Bragg, CA. However, Pastor Gary presented an excellent Sunday school topic and message about speaking in tongues. He talked about it in a light I've never really thought under; it was a very refreshing service. Afterwards, my whole family came to Hannah's church because the church wanted to pray over me. It was such a comfort to know that so many are supporting me on this, and at the same time seeing my mom all teary-eyed made me realize it's coming up fast. Exactly 7 days from now I will be on the plane heading to the other side of the world. Scary to think about.. but God is good, and I know it's by His strength I will succeed. This coming week will be a bunch of goodbyes; goodbye to my classmates, goodbye to my high school and teachers, and goodbye to my church. Man this is tough! Pray I can get through these next few days.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment