Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25: Moving In

Today, I moved into my new apartment. I was truly blessed to have a place that has most of the essentials: a living room with couches, a couple tables, and even a TV, a kitchen with the standard appliances, a washer and dryer (MAJOR PLUS!!) A nice bathroom, and a bedroom I'm sharing with Tyson, a native Queenslandian Aussie. My other roommates are Eric, who is from Ikea land (Sweden, for those that don't know what I mean...) and Brandon from Washington state. Unfortunately, Brandon is moving out Wednesday because he found cheaper rent at another place, but he's still going to school, so it's all good. And we're getting another Swede on Wednesday, which is awesome because I've always wanted a couple Swedish friends (and Eric is freaking awesome already!) To add to the day's success, I was finally able to get a CD I've been excited about since I got to hear previews of it: Number One Gun's To the Secrets & Knowledge. This album is incredible, and done by a great artist. One of the personal highlights is his version of Journey's Don't Stop Believing (which is reason enough to give this CD a shot.) Also, the 26th has a another well-anticipated release: the return of Living Sacrifice with their new album, The Infinite Order. These guys are the originators and well-renowned veterans of the Christian hardcore genre, and so far they have never disappointed.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention why January 26th is so important over here: Australia Day, which marks the day the country was able to call itself a free country (just like our 4th of July.). But get this: the year it happened was 1986. Can you believe it? Australia didn't get it's independence until 1986!!! Craziness. But hey, it's another reason for Aussies to get wicked drunk and party all day, so they don't care. Tomorrow should be an interesting sight to see. I'm also trying to get a video camera so I can share this world through vlogs so you get an idea of what I see, so hopefully I can find some way to get it soon.

Well, that's all for now; I got some exploring to do as the new guy. Later friends!
God bless,
Steven

P.S.: Seriously though, give Number One Gun a shot; you should know if I'm highly appraising this album, it HAS to be some form of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment