Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1: Getting Started

I've always loved keeping record of my experiences in some way: pictures, writing, or simply memory. However, I've never tried anything like this; the closest I've ever gotten to a blog was typing journal notes on my iPod Touch (which was a lifesaver, by the way.) The reason I have created this blog is so you, the reader, can share with me these experiences that are headed my way. I care a lot about my family and friends, and I figure since I might not have time to check all the networking sites I'm involved in (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, MyYearbook, FaceSpace, MyBook, Flixster, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, so on and so forth...) everyone I know through all those websites can at least see how I'm doing in one specific place. So to you, I hope you can support me in this venture that's coming in a mere 16 days, and keep me in prayer; this is a big step for me, and I want you to be a part of it. My goal is to update this every day for the next 2 years. I just hope you'll still be interested in this blog by the time 2 years have passed. Honestly, as long as 1 person checks up on this every day, I'll be more than fine. 

At 12 a.m. everyone celebrated the new year. 2010 is here already. That was much faster than I thought it would be. So naturally a lot of things came to my mind: what are my goals? Do I have any resolutions I know I can stayed committed to? Am I going to be strong enough to survive in a whole new atmosphere? Will I be completely renewed is my passion for the ministry? Can I handle not having Dr. Pepper available to me every day of the week? I want to make this year one of the best of my life, no doubt about it. Hillsong will obviously be a huge part of that, but I know it's going to take more than a church to get me on track with God's plan for my life. Right now, I'm just here at home, enjoying the same resources and blessings I've had my entire life: a loving family, a house with all the necessities of living at my disposal, and a huge spiritual family of brothers and sisters. But in just over 2 weeks, it'll be a whole different chapter in a whole different environment with a whole different outlook on things. I know that through God it will be okay, so that's what will keep me on my feet when the hard times come. All I ask from you is to keep me in prayer; like I said in the above paragraph, this is a big step for me. One of my high school mentors, Mr. Mateyka, always reminded me of a verse that said "in the multitude of counsel there is safety." In this case, I look at everyone who is a fellow believer and shares my passion for pursuing a strong relationship with God as my counsel. With your help, I know in my heart I'll be more at peace as these 2 years pass by. Thanks so much for taking time from your day to read this, and I hope you come around daily or even weekly to see how I'm doing.
God bless,
Steven

P.S.: the link I'm posting is my anthem for this year. If you've never heard of the band Starfield, they're an amazing worship band from Canada that's been a major inspiration throughout the past 5 years of my life. Their music has impacted me in so many ways, and this song shares my thoughts and desires. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment