Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5: Inspiration Via a Dreamer

The highlight for today came in the evening through watching the Susan Boyle story. This woman shows strong heart and passion for what she loves most, which obviously singing. After seeing her journey from Britain's Got Talent to receiving her triple platinum record for her debut CD, it amazed me that this whole story was possible through her persistence and desire to see her dream come true. It inspired me a lot; I examined myself and I don't think I've truly worked towards a dream of mine as much as she did. But I have seen absolute proof that through God anything is possible. I've had a lot on my mind lately; a culmination of ideas and thoughts that expand to several different areas in my life. This whole college thing is beginning to consume my every thought, in a good way. I'm getting pretty excited about it, yet at the same time I'm getting nervous about the idea of leaving everyone I know and love for 2 years. It's a tough commitment. A necessary one, but tough nonetheless. I want to ask for prayer over my family; they've been so supportive of me my whole life, and I know this is just as tough on them too. They are my inspiration; they are one of the reasons I'm taking this challenge. I want to make my family proud, and I can only pray I do. Please pray that my parents and sister can be strong these next 2 years, and that God can continue to bless them in abundance.

Well that's all for today, so good night and God bless!
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment