Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 18, 19, AND 20: Down Under

Note: day 18 did not happen for me because when I crossed the International Date Line, Monday was skipped.

I spent the last 2 days traveling from San Francisco to Sydney, Australia. I had to use 3 different planes to get there: one from SFO to LAX, then from LAX to New Zealand's airport in Auckland, then from Auckland to Sydney; a total traveling time of about 16 hours. It was long, tiring, and entirely new for my sister, since it's her first time out of the country. EVER. She's pretty stoked to be in such a beautiful country, and so is my mom. Every time we have gone out, it's like they're kids in Disneyland; exploring a whole different world, seeing new things, and meeting interesting characters too. We spent yesterday getting settled in and resting (which actually took the remainer of the day.) So I am currently typing this blog up on an interent station in eye-dazzling Darling Harbour, which is just incredible in the summer. Then again, this whole country's beauty is amplified infitesmally in the summer. The sun is bright and shining, the water's so clear it's practically a mirror, and the overall atmosphere is happiness. I wish you all could be here with me, 'cause I'm more than posisitve you'd love it. This Friday I'll be checking into my living space and getting 100% settled in; Hillsong was more than gracious to help with the process so far. I'm opening a bank account, getting my first ATM card with it, working on furnishing my room, saving loads of moolah in Chinatown (which is WAY cleaner than the one in SF), and being my mom and sister's personal tour guide. I sure have missed this land; but I know given a few months, I'll miss home just as much. I might not get many chances to update this for you in the next couple weeks, but I'll do my best.

So, until next time!
God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment