Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 28: The Starting Line and Slight Delay

Today was a bittersweet day. On the bright side of things, I finally enrolled in my classes and will be starting on Tuesday; there's some other things I have to keep track of for now, but I know God's in control. I got to meet many more people, especially from other cultures. It was like being in a missions conference or something. My audition for the level of worship I'll be put in is on Monday, so I'm pretty excited about that; there's even a possibility that I could be launched headfirst into Hillsong worship!! How cool is that?? It was a good morning; one I wish didn't take SO long with the lectures, but it was necessary for us to be prepared. The other thing that was good was finally and officially completing one of the 7 songs for my first music venture, Here and Alive. I have 6 more to go, and my goal is to have it done before my first semester ends. I have this weekend as a start, so that's good 8)

The bitter side is that I saw my mom and sister for the last time until this December; they were such a help to get me settled in, and I wish they didn't have to leave. But work is work, and I'm sure my little ones are driving my dad crazy back home. So it'll be good for all of them to be reunited. My dad's been sending me emails every now and then giving me words of ecouragement; I love my dad, what else can I say? I really miss him; he's been there for me more than anyone else. Fortunately, I heard he might be coming out here to visit for my birthday! If that's the case then I can't wait for my birthday so I can see him. I miss all of you: my spiritual union of brothers and sisters in Christ. Even though I'm in a semi-foreign land, I can't help but wish my peeps could see what I'm experiencing out here. Maybe you will someday, only God knows. But He is good. He's never been any different. And I have that to be grateful for.
Tomorrow I have to try and get to the Powerhouse retreat, but I don't know what could happen. Just pray I'll make it there safely.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment