Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 26: Australia Day

Today I saw a lot of Aussies wearing their Australian garb, waving flags, and chanting the ever famous rally chant. But I wanted to spend today with my mom and sister, since it's the last full day I had with them. So we took a very relaxing walk through the city, going through stores and chowdown centers and stuff. It was nice. I'm very glad that they got the chance to come with me; this whole process would have been so much more difficult without them in the city. It's gonna be hard to not have them in so convenient of a location, but I know they're supporting whether or not I'm with them. The excess number of dogs I saw in the streets made me miss my little guys; I just hope they haven't driven my dad crazy. But at least they get to see my mom and sister when they get back to the U.S., so that should be relief for them.

Well, tomorrow is it: orientation day for Hillsong. I'm so pumped!!!!!! I felt like listening to Michael Gungor's song Prodigal, because it really just cultivated my thoughts. Nothing compares to what He's done for me, regardless of how much my life has been impacted by His presence and work in me. I'm proud to say God is good and full of grace, and I know that He is my hope for a better life. I've wanted so much to see God work in me in ways I never dreamed, and I know in a place like Hillsong it's bound to happen. It's in God's time when He'll start drawing me in, but I'll stay patient until then. I want to walk by faith, not by sight. I don't want to rely on what I can do, because that'll get me nowhere. But God is everything I need, and He's everything I want to have.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment