Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3: Sunsets and Sushi on Sunday

So today was pretty awesome. Sunday school this morning was amazing. Pastor Clint Ladine talked about the concept of praying and practicing the discipline to keep doing it consistently. It happened to be something I've been working on at home, so it was great to hear the words I needed for encouragement. In the afternoon, my parents decided to go to Kitaro, my favorite sushi place in all of San Francisco (if you ever want to give it a try, you can find it at 5723 Geary St., which is a bit far but worth the trip. In my opinion at least.) I had some grilled teriyaki salmon and rock and roll rolls [A.K.A. grilled eel with avocado and a sweet teriyaki glaze.] I'm starting to get hungry just talking about it! (not good, not good...) Once again, I visited Hannah's church, only to be surprised to be pulled up on the stage to help with the piano at the very last minute. It was lots of fun though. Overall, I was happy today happened; these kinds of days always put a smile on my face. For some reason, these days almost always happen on Sunday; I can't help but think of Psalms 37:4, which says, "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.". Just think about it. If you find delight in Almighty awesome God and His love, He can answer even our most ridonculous of desires (yes, I quoted the movie Bolt with 'ridonculous', but I was using that word before the movie came out. Just felt like clarifying that.) So go ahead, delight yourself in God, whether it's getting lost in the pages of His love letter to us (the Bible, in case you don't know what that meant), having a conversation with Him (prayer), or just thanking Him throughout the day. Find your delight in the Lord; trust me, you won't be disappointed.
God bless,
Steven

P.S.:
As for the title, Sunsets and Sushi is a reference to David Crowder*Band's EP, Sunsets and Sushi (Experiments In Spectral Deconstruction). It is also what I was listening to while I forged this blog. If you want to listen to it, you have 3 options: buy it via iTunes or Amazon, borrow it from someone you know that has it, or be a pirate and use the link below to get it (don't tell anyone I showed you the link; I don't want to get in trouble.) Either way, check it out, as well as the rest of David Crowder*Band's music library. If you're tired of hearing the same kind of worship, this band will show a whole different perspective on worship. I recommend his last CD, Church Music; it was definitely one of the best albums of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment