Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 303: Touching Heaven, Changing me

Sometimes I wonder about God. There's only so much I'm going to be able to know about Him while I'm here on this beyond microscopic portion of the universe He created. It's like He's opened wide the doors to His awesomeness so we could get a chance to be in His presence, but we see ourselves as so tiny that we don't get the courage to even get to the doorstep. Some people are exceptional; like they're so close and synced with God, they're all in, but then there's the people like me, where I want to go inside but can't because of the limitations I've put on myself. Today, I felt like God brought my attention to the door. I got to see a glimpse of the potential I could have if I just walked through the door. For some reason though, I just couldn't find the strength to do that. Don't get me wrong, if there's one thing I want, it's to go through. But then insecurity pops in. Guilt of the past comes up. And all desires of my heart start to get a bit smaller in my mind. It's a constant struggle for me; I want to grow, but this tiny annoyance called my flesh gets in the way. It makes me wonder why life can get so difficult when we make it that way. We can choose how to make our day, but sometimes we just worry too much. The most important I got out of today (possibly even this week) is that I serve a God of peace. I don't have to worry. I have someone mighty right beside me, and that should be enough to strive for more. I'll let you think about it; I have the rest of my weekend to do the same.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment