Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 275: I have an Ikea!!

So today was one of those days where if something majorly important is going to happen, you clear schedule to make sure you stick to the plan. Today's plan was simple: go to Ikea. So us guys of flat 223 have been planning on upgrading our furniture at some point later on, considering there are big plans for next semester...
So I went with Josh and Aaron to check out some deals (that are valid until August of next year. I think that's plenty of time to figure something out). We've decided that all us guys are going to chip in and get some better, cleaner, more inviting furniture (because as much as we love our couches, tables, and chairs, they're not really gonna cut it next semester.) It was loads of fun; one thing I loved about the whole trip is that it gave me a piece of home. It brought back so many memories of going to Ikea in Emeryville with my mom, dad, and sister; even the $1 hot dogs put a smile on my face (however, there was a lack of cinnamon rolls... I wonder why...) Today's adventures will most definitely be converted into an episode of 223, but we'll see how long that will take before it can be released. What I really got out of today was God's protection; like there are so many dangers in the world, but the God I believe in is more than faithful and keeps me moving forward. I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty cool.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment