Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 289: Reliving Childhood Pastimes

I only realized until today how many things I experience here in Australia take me back to so many good memories of growing up. I remember being a part of ministry since I was 3; the first things I can remember doing was playing Noah in a little play for the church (I still remember the extremely itchy paper beard with cotton balls glue stick-ed in front... never doing THAT again..) I could give you hundreds of examples of times I had in ministry, but that doesn't need to be expressed; what matters is that today, more than 15 years later, I'm still doing it. Ministry was such a big part of my life that it just became one of my default passions. So when I get up in the morning, regardless of how tired or lazy I can be sometimes, I look forward to Street Teams. I never know what to expect, but that's what so great about it; it's for God to know and me to find out! So after knocking on 48 doors only to get 5 responses, I wasn't upset; I left with a satisfaction of serving God in one of my favorite ways. Right after that I went by Aaron's place because he and Josh were making pancakes in honor of our dear friend Andre (who you may remember as the guy that would make some of the best pancakes of mankind every Saturday morning). It was fun to watch them recreate the masterpiece, and it was even more fun getting to eat some of them. After that, the guys wanted to go to EB Gams to look at options for future purchases (I went just to look at how the gaming world has advanced.) Aaron traded one game for another new one, and then we visited Toys R' Us (because it's another place "where dreams come true".) And I tell you what, it made a tiny, tiny dream of mine come true: I found Legoland for PC. A long time ago, when my family was the proud owner of a Compaq computer, one of the most precious things in my possession was a game where you were a park manager of Legoland, and you had to design and manage the park to be awesome. Well, it just so happened that I found it in the games section of Toys R' Us. For $10. So without hesitation, I got it (sorry mom.. I couldn't help it!) That as pretty much the rest of my day haha. So... I'm grateful for where God has taken me from, because it's shaped me into who I am.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment