Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 278: Taking Ownership

Last night before I went to sleep, I got a message from my TV oversight Logan asking if I could help with chapel today. Seeing as how I didn't have anything significant to do in the morning, I agreed to help; let's just say it was a good thing I did because I was definitely needed (and I'm not saying that in a prideful way). There was just a shortage of people in the crew, so my assistance was beneficial to the rehearsal and the actual chapel. Today we started our Spirit Filled Living class with Anita; I'm looking forward to see what come next. Chapel was cool; I had a great time serving alongside some pretty cool guys in the studio. After that, I had some time to relax before my last class of the day.
So this praise and worship service my class is working on is by far one of the most difficult things of this year. Considering we're working on songs we've all written, it's tough to get what the original writer of these songs wants to convey through the song. Honestly, our band hasn't done enough dedicated work to make this as awesome as it can be, and that's what we need to work on. I am a musical director for two of the songs, and for the most part I feel very comfortable with that responsibility (mainly because I've learned from my experience as one last semester). We worked mainly on the song I co-wrote and one my friends Breanna and Stephanie wrote, and so far they're looking very promising. Hopefully we can really make this happen to it's best potential.
The rest of my evening was going to Connect Group and working on another assessment; nothing major, but I do need to get these assessments done anyway.) Connect Group really helped me see how far God has taken me since I first got here; I got to open up on how I felt for a while, and that just showed how much God has impacted my life and taken me to a place where I can be closer to Him. I mentioned in a Facebook status yesterday that sometimes He can seem a little TOO good; but just because it seems that way doesn't mean I have a problem with it.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment