Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 294: Turning the Other Way

First off, I want to point out that in exactly a month from now, Josh will be 20 years old; a milestone to say the least.

Moving on to my thoughts on today. I had an intimate moment with God in the morning. There's been a lot on my mind (but thanks to my incredibly imaginative and compulsive mind, there's ALWAYS a lot on my mind; like assignments, obligations, concepts, ideas, cheesecake, etc.). I really just wanted to get some clarity on a couple serious personal things of mine; things that are between me and God for now. I've been fed with so much knowledge and spiritual guidance this year; probably more than I have my entire life. I've received all kinds of revelations, refreshments, and new views on the everyday Christian standard beliefs. I've witnessed God's provision and grace in new, exciting, and uplifting ways. But when I break it all down to my life, I see that out of all this spiritual food, I haven't full embraced all of it. I know this should be different, but sadly it isn't. I asked God to help me get back to the real reason I came here in the first place. I had and still have a vision for how I want to leave this place, and I know I'm not even halfway there. But I'm expectant to see God change that, as well as seeing the change come from my choice and consistency. It's amazing how easy we can go about our day and not even consider that every breath we breathe, step we take, and moment we live is a gift from God. I want to show appreciation for that more. I want to see my life become one of true spiritual significance. I want to be known for being a servant, not a spectator. I want to be a Christian for the right reasons. I want to have a relationship with God that goes beyond normal human understanding. God, I know you can hear me; help a brutha out.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment