Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 295: Roots.

Today was amazing; excellent day! Chapel was a major part in that; I just love being part of choir. It's so much fun!! Choir was especially powerful; we just really took ownership of the morning. After my Christian Doctrine class, we served in chapel, and it was great. Mark Hopkins is one super cool guy; I'm truly honored to have him as the president of the college. After chapel, I had a little bit of time before my last class of the day; our teacher talked with us on truth in songwriting. We discussed how to make songs for a congregation that were true to God and the Word without making times of praise and worship awkward for them. I got a lot from it. Directly following that class, I went to my friend Bec's place to help her with her song submission; I played the piano part she started working on so she could focus on recording her voice. It was the first time I played a piano in a while. I didn't have much time to really work on it, so I finished it in two takes. I returned to college to talk with one of my video team members about doing some stuff for the Box, and then my evening was spent in the TV room being a director for the first time. I had so much fun! I now officially love doing directing work. Throughout the day, I just really got to see firsthand how God can make your day worth it when you really give the day to Him.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment