Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 285: Bit by Bit

Today was another relaxing day filled with rest, a trip to Coles, watching Laz watch chick flicks like Elizabethtown, The Princess Diaries 2 (and later on, Mission Impossible 2. Very random choice after watching a cutesey love drama and princess flick), and cooking dinner for the boys. It was a good day; I read from Revelations and James in the morning, and I got some great spiritual food from it. The only other major thing I did today was two types of research: music and cameras. With music, I got some confirmation on bands that are personally Christians in the mainstream media, and I got introduced to some other great bands. With cameras, I've been comparing two specific cameras that have the exact potential I'm gonna need for next semester as the new TV oversight for the college chapel team.

First, there's the Canon 500D:
This one is priced around $640-$800, depending on where you look. It has all the features of top of the line cameras, but at an entry level design (basically, you get a piece of the best there is in a beginner's camera). I've been watching reviews and video tests on Youtube, and for the most part, what I've seen is very impressive. If, Lord willing, I could use one of these for next years's projects, I think it would go awesome.

Then there's the Canon 500D's competition, the Nikon D3100:
This camera has little difference with the Canon 500D, seeing that it's the first camera to be a top contender with Canon's SLR cameras with video. It works similarly, but with some separate features and a price tag that's at the most $100 cheaper (again, depending on where you look), it's definitely peaked my interest. The reviews and video tests on Youtube have also impressed me, but they've also left me in a place of confusion.

So it all comes down to one question: if I could get either of these cameras, WHICH ONE WOULD BE MY PICK?? I've asked the college's real camera pros, and they've all said to go with the Canon because it's just "the better choice". However, I got a chance to use a Nikon D5000 (which works similar to a D3100) for the last scene of 223's first episode, and for the most part it worked excellently. It's a tough call; I'm gonna need to pray on this one, for sure.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment