Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 282: The Upload Trilogy

Today. Was. Awesome. And interesting. So Street Teams was a highlight of the day, because of two things: a wonderful conversation with a lady and her adorable dog (which made me miss Sausage and Albert even more) and a moral dilemma involving a pigeon nest and two little eggs. There's a woman on the fifth floor of the Lawson who's had a serious problem with pigeons flocking to HER balcony and no one else's. A while back we set up a net to block them off and cleaned the balcony as best we could; we came back today only to find a pigeon hanging out on the balcony floor as we got there. Then we go to the corner to find why it was hanging out: a nest, with two little eggs the size of my thumb. I'm pretty sure we spent 15 minutes just trying to find some sort of plan to get this nest out of the woman's balcony. Eventually, I had to make the moral choice of life and death by taking it downstairs and climbing a tree (with the nest and eggs in one hand might I add) to perch it on a branch. I can only hope the mom finds it so she can figure something out.
The other interesting part was uploading the third episode of 223. I selected the file and it started, but for some reason (still don't know why) it would stay on 0.01 MB out of 552 MB and would process at 0.01 KB/sec (I'll put it in simpler terms: Facebook said that at this rate it would take 14,879 hours and 4 minutes to upload the video.) I went through this about 3 times in a row, but thanks to the patience God instilled in my heart, I held it together long enough to see the video fully uploaded in the end. After that, I hung out with the boys and talked about iPhones, burgers and fries, and House. I also just finished editing the 8th episode of 223, and it's the longest episode so far (hopefully I won't make an episode longer than that.) Good night.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment