Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 271: Now or Never

This particular Tuesday was interesting. So we had chapel rehearsal, and it was fantastic; mainly because it was what the college calls a "Touching Heaven" chapel, where the primary focus is intimate worship and prayer. Also, the college changed the general call time to 7 (a half hour later than the normal, which is nice of them to do). I worked with TV just to get a better feel of being a leader there. After the rehearsal, I got some time to get ready for the day, eat breakfast, and study SLR cameras, which I have been doing for about 3 weeks now; I've been getting a lot of great input from TV leaders, college student photographers, test videos, reviews, and websites. I would really like to have a seriously good camera for the coming year, so I'm looking into my options. What I realize, especially with SLR cameras, is that at times the camera lenses can be twice as expensive as the camera itself (but I don't think I'll be needing a bunch of lenses right now, so I'll be fine.) Right now, I'm comparing the Nikon D3100 (priced around $700 with an included lens), and the Canon 550D (priced at $800). My conclusion is that they both seem to be very similar; it's all a matter of finding an opportunity to try them both and see which one I'm more comfortable with. Here in Australia, they are way more expensive, so it's either an American purchase or nothing. Moving on with my day, my Personal Evangelism class went well; after next week, Personal Evangelism will be over, and Spirit Filled Living with begin. Pretty excited about that one! The Touching Heaven chapel went great; I got to help put some powerpoint slides together for announcements, which was pretty fun. After that, I only had my musicianship/songwriting class left; 3 hours of playing music and having a blast doing it. It's by far my favorite class; I have such a good time being in a musical team environment. When that class was over, I came home to find my flatmates watching the second season of House (a hospital drama centered around a crazy doctor); now these guys got me hooked; honestly not too sure if that's a good or bad thing... I also got to spend some quality time with Donny over dinner; it's nice to have time where you can just share your thoughts with someone else. As I mentioned yesterday, I am dealing with a decision that I'm finding hard to make, but I took a risk and put it out there in front of the intended person. At this point, only God knows what will become of this choice. I can only pray that it will finish leaving me in one piece.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment