Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 249: Still Waters

Back home, there's a place called Lake Merced; it's your average, everyday park environment surrounded by city life and ducks. I remember walking around the river with my family a few times, and despite the exhaustion I felt afterwards, I had a great time. For the past few weeks, I've been working on a song called Still Waters; it was for a song submission as part of my songwriting class. It was the second time I've ever co-written a song with someone (the first being with my friend Kazemi when we wrote a song about our last year at Competition in Santa Maria), and this time was WAAAAY more difficult. Probably because it was a worship song. If there's one thing I learned from this whole experience, it's that worship music can be the hardest stuff to write; especially if you want to avoid using recycled phrases and such. Fortunately, the song was successfully written and submitted, so I can finally take that burden off my shoulders. Despite a day full of classes with absolutely amazing teachers, the best part to me was having a devotional time. At Hungry Jack's. Accompanied by a couple chicken wraps, fries, and a drink (and all for just $4.95!!). I was reading some more from Isaiah, and I was reading chapters that spoke of God's redeeming of His people. That's the kind of thing that's been on my mind for some time now; I'm glad I read this part of Scripture today. I felt relieved after this day; you know how you have those days where you just get refreshed? Well, that was today for me.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment