Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 248: Father's Day?

So September 5th is Australia's Father's Day. Quite the interesting twist from the American Father's Day I'm so used to. However, I can say I enjoyed it. Hillsong's advertisement for Father's Day was a mustache; therefore, I found it appropriate to wear a fake mustache for the day (you can see it's awesomeness on my Facebook profile). I served in the 12 p.m. service, which was awesome; the best part was seeing a rap video featuring some cool dads talking about their lives as fathers. Seriously epic. After an encouraging word from Brian Houston, the rest of the afternoon was composed of working on assessments. I finished and submitted 2, but I still have one more left to finish. My evening was hanging out with the guys, eating some amazing pizza and ice cream and then saying bye to a few of our good friends that are heading back home to Sweden. They sure will be missed, because they are such amazing people. It won't be the same without them. If there's one thing I really got out of today, it was a revelation of God's mercy. I was thinking about it a lot for the past two days, and it's just inconceivable how great it is. We couldn't exist without it, and that's what makes God's mercy far beyond what we could imagine. Think about it.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment