Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 260: Cosmic Love

Another college open day today; and it was quite the turnout. We had a lot of visitors that joined our classes and got to see what we as Hillsong International Leadership College are about. Tracy's Christian Doctrine class is by far one of my favorite classes of the semester; every new subject comes with a massive amount of knowledge and insight that just makes me excited. Today's class in particular really got to me though. She spoke on how claiming to be a Christ follower involves having a spirit of excellence around you in every part of your life. Then she asked a soul-piercing question: "When was the last time you sat down by yourself and read your Bible?" I really thought about, only to realize that it's been more than a few days since the last time I opened my life manual. I left that class really convicted, because I've been very busy these past few days, yet inconsiderate of my personal goal to seek God's ways in my life. It's amazing how lazy we can get sometimes when we're caught up in our own schedules; it opened my eyes to what I NEED to do to get back on track. This is my public confession and apology to God for making this mistake.
You know what's really cool though? God still cares about me, regardless of how lazy I can get. His love is something truly amazing; I couldn't ever repay Him for how much He's given to me. Even just thinking about it now has given me a revelation of His love; no wonder in the psalms, it says many times that "His love endures forever". I'm gonna try and make a schedule for Bible reading, because if I can manage to eat every day, I should be able to chow down on some spiritual food too, right?
Moving on, college chapel was epic this morning. It started with an incredible rendition of Florence + The Machine's Cosmic Love, sung by Lauren Koch. We had 8 drummers for this song: 1 on a full drum kit, and 7 on toms (let's just say it felt like an earthquake in the auditorium with how powerful the drums were.) I was helping TV with producing for the first time, and for the most part things went well; I just need more training. After chapel, I had a small break before my last class of the day; I just went home, left what I didn't need and took what I did need. I also visited the Post Office after the class to pick up a couple gifts I ordered a long time ago. I had time to make some dinner before serving with the TV crew of Wildlife, so I ate well and quick and headed over to church again. The weird thing was that I was getting a bit discouraged at the idea of burning out for serving a lot; but in the end, God came through and gave me the energy and passion to serve at my best. I left refreshed, and I hope I can continue to serve without reaching a burnout point.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment