Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 255: The Longest Sunday

Sometimes you just know where your limit lies. In Hillsong terms, that can be from serving in one place or many, in one service or several. Today, I got to see just how much I can handle. I wasn't rostered to one service like I have been for the past several weeks; I was rostered to four. The first one was the 8 a.m., where I served with the choir. I love choir; it's another piece of home I get to experience every week, and it has the same atmosphere as it did in SFC. For one of the warm ups, we sang the Sister Act version of Oh Happy Day (I learned how to play it over the past week just for this morning; loved every moment of it too.) After that, I went back home with Donny to recover some rest before my next service. Donny went to sleep, and I just relaxed on the couch and had some breakfast. It soon came time to go back to church to be a FOH (Front of House/Production) assistant to Dan, one of the sound gurus of Hillsong church. Like every other time I've worked with production, I was on communications and had a decent time doing it; it even had it's funny moments. After that, I had a half hour break before I had to head back for a Street Teams creative meeting with Gary, Liz, and Charlie. We brainstormed over some possible ideas to make Street Teams more appealing to outside people, and for the most part, our ideas seem like we're heading in the right direction. Almost directly after that, I went to the TV studio to get ready to serve in the 5 and 7; I was supposed to work with camera 2, but for some reason I was never given, I ended up being assigned to camera 3 (which is the one responsible for following the worship leaders, MCs, and the key speaker. One of the awesome things of the evening services was getting to hear Christian's epic bass solo again as part of the X Factor, a random talent thing happening in the next few weeks of church. I wasn't going to miss it this time, so I got Donny to bring my camera so I could film it; I should be posting it soon... Anyways, the tricky part of the evening was the message. Scott "Sanga" Samways spoke in the evening, and if there's one person that the TV crew knows if difficult to follow on camera, it's Sanga. He's a very energetic speaker (and one of the best, if I may add), and therefore he was difficult to keep on the center of the screen; but I survived, and the night was a success. Looking back to it, I see how big of a capacity I have. God's blessed me with that; there wasn't one moment where I was stressed about anything. I just served and kept pressing forward. Mission accomplished.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment