Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 266: "What are you thinking, Sy?"

Since today was the last day of the Healing Seminar, Sisterhood was cancelled. For most people, this would be a cause for celebration because of the chance to sleep in a little bit more; however, I still had to come to college early for a chapel meeting (which went well, thanks to the planning of our Touching Heaven chapel coming up soon). Right after that was my New Testament class (moved to the morning so that we could get enough rest for the seminar). Duncan absolutely rocked this morning; we discussed and workshopped how to read the New Testament letters in their context; he said it could possibly change the way we read our Bible, and it sure did that for me. After that, I had some down time before I met up with some friends to work on assessments. I can proudly say I finished one of the many assessments coming up, so that's one less for me to worry about! I couldn't stay too long afterwards because I had to meet up with my friend Patrick, who's one of the head panchos of the TV crew. Since the current college TV leaders (Logan and Vanessa) picked my flatmate Josh and I to take their place as they are leaving after this semester, Patrick will meeting with us every two weeks to keep us updated on what we'll be doing and what kind of training we'll need to take these roles full on. I'm excited to see what comes of all this; it's awesome how God works completely against your own plans sometimes. I never would have seen myself as a future leader of a TV team, let alone one from Hillsong's college. after that meeting, I headed back to church to rehearse for Healing Seminar, since I was operating cameras again. This time went so much better, because I knew the kind of shots my director was looking for. Sy Rogers apparently gave an epic message, seeing how much the congregation was so engaged the whole time; I just got the DVDs (for free, of course), so I'll be hearing the message sometime soon. Good day, good experience, greater God.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment