Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 268: Stepping Up To the Tower

So today was absolutely fantastic! Street Teams, like most Saturday mornings, are really what set my Saturday up for a win. So one of the leaders for the Lawson tower (where I serve weekly), Leanne, is on a rest period from Street Teams; frankly she deserved a break because she's such a hard worker. So while she is getting time off, Mel chose me to take Leanne's place in the meantime. As of now, I have led a team twice, and I can proudly say that it was loads of fun. It was another morning of Russian connections, and we did quite a bit of cleaning. I didn't really have much else planned today, so it was a bit unclear at first. However, the rest of my day was hanging out with Josh and having some bonding time over a well placed game of Star Wars Battlefront II (it's good to just sit back and fellowship with these guys when I can; they're almost always doing stuff, so we don't hang out as much) and hanging out with great friends and watching Ridley Scott's version of Robin Hood starring everyone's favorite gladiator, Russell Crowe. I have to admit, I didn't think too much of this movie before, but I will say it was a rather impressive movie. Especially since I'm becoming a film buff, I took notice to how the movie was filmed; I give the movie a full 10 solely based on the cinematography. I just love seeing creative geniuses like Ridley Scott showing these amazing battle scenes in great angles and alternate perspectives. I'm kinda thinking about doing this whole movie cinematography studying a little more often..

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment