Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 247: The Way Things Were

Have you ever been in a situation where you were taken away from a place you love, and when you get to come back you realize how special that place is to you? That was this morning. Street Teams has been dear to my heart ever since I started, and I absolutely love how it's a piece of home to me. Because of the video I was working on in the previous 3 weeks, I wasn't able to go to the Towers, but today was the day I got to return. Boy, was I happy about that! I got to return to the Lawson and visit a couple of my friends. The first one was Edmund, a Lebanese man who we actually found out is 80 years old and seemed more like he was in his sixties. The Australian aging process is so intriguing... We got to vacuum his place and chat with him. It was awesome. Our second visit was to Rina, a sweet Russian lady who I heard had a heart attack during my absence. Fortunately, she had an operation and had a pacemaker put inside, so she's feeling better now; I was still super worried when I received the news. All we did was clean her bathroom and talk about books; it was nice. When I really think about it, this is all that I needed to have a good day. God has a heart for these people, and I'm honored to be part of placing value on them.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment