Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 178: My Heart For This House; a reflection

Have you ever been in the place where you felt that God was compelling you to give something important? Something that was like seriously almost a part of you? Well, I want to reflect on my thoughts from today's subject: the Heart For the House Offering. On Tuesday, I gave a certain amount of money for this offering. A certain amount that I had set aside. A certain amount that I was intending on using for something else. A certain amount that I realized would be better off for the purpose of the Kingdom instead of the purpose of myself. A couple days before, my parents told me that we had the money for my second semester; this was something that left my mind during this offering time. However, a couple days after, I checked by bank account to see if the money I pledged had been received; sure enough it was. Then I checked my college info page, the College Portal. For the past month and a half, whenever I logged in, it would take me to a page that said I had yet to pay for my second semester; although I wasn't completely afraid of this, there was still a part of me that was worried that the money wouldn't come. My parents have been sacrificing so much of themselves so that I could stay fed, secure, and supported. I can't help but see God working through them; they have been my greatest inspirations, and to this day it hasn't changed. A couple days ago, I checked the portal to find that I no longer had fees to pay. My second semester, sure enough, was no longer a concern of money. God fulfilled His promise that all things would work for good to those that love Him and are called to His purpose. And I love my Father very much; I couldn't have gone this far without Him. There were so many times where I could have given up, but He picked me up and gave me a PUSH. I stick to the P.U.S.H. method: Pray Until Something Happens; I realize that in just a couple weeks a fourth of my journey will be complete. One semester will be gone, and only three will remain. I've given a lot of myself this semester, and I only expect that I will be giving so much more.

So back to the Heart For the House. Pastor Brian gave a message on why we give. It was a good message, and so was the special video they played. I can only imagine what this offering will do to make an impact on the ministries that have been focused on. I gave a mere $260, and found that the $2600 I needed to pay for my studies was taken care of. Do you see that? I just noticed today that what I gave was a tenth of what I needed to stay here. What I had seen as a small amount eventually led to being the blessing of provision. God has blessed my family, and He has blessed me. If there's one thing I got from today, it is this: "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Today, I stand with an increased faith. Today, I no longer fear reality, but I fear One whose reality is my hope and inspiration to live a life that is greater than myself. Today, I declare that I serve a mighty God, and my heart is for His house.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment