Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 160: These hands are Yours

Today was my day off. One that was well needed. I got to sleep in for the first time in about 2 weeks; and it felt awesome. I'm looking forward to the break after conference, because I KNOW it's gonna be a tough week. The morning was just waking up, eating breakfast, and waiting to talk with my family. Unfortunately, today's chat was ruined by a camera malfunction (I still don't know what went wrong), so I was pretty much invisible. But I will say, it was a good talk nonetheless; my dad shared a lot of wisdom with me, and I felt much better after that conversation. Afterwards, I started working on a card for Choi, my favorite Korean here. Since I never really got much information about him, I just decided to go with an awesomeness theme. I still have 2 other ones to do before Friday, but it was VERY good of me to start this one today; otherwise I would up really late tomorrow night working on all 3. At around 6:10, I left for Powerhouse; I was going to get a first-hand training session on being a part of the events team, which is basically what I've been doing for the past two months. It seems like a lot of work, but I'm sure with a lot of practice I'll get it down. Powerhouse was pretty good tonight; and I mean that in the sense of serving in it. I missed out on the message, but that's fine. I enjoyed the night either way. I just got back from helping out with pack-down, and I am SO tired right now (well that, and I'm doing pushups, while trying to type in this blog and get my feed form the Word at the same time) However, I did do something before all that. My dad challenged me to do something; something very random, but it's an important something that relates to the time that I was literally lifted up and anointed a very long time ago. MY dad told me of when we were in Phoenix, Arizona, and how when Pastor Tommy Barnett would pray using anointing oil, he wouldn't just do the regular small drops on the forehead. Instead, he would put his hands into a bowl of this oil, and touch the forehead and hands in prayer over that person. My parents were among those people, and when I was lifted up symbolically by Pastor Barnett's son, my dad told me that it was as if I was sealed into His service. But then he told me that it was time for ME to do the sealing. So I got some good ol' canola oil, spread it across my hands, and lifted them up to God. I told Him that these hands of mine were to be sealed in His service; that through my hands the Kingdom would be advanced. That His work and calling on my life would be accomplished in me. It was a very lifting moment. One that I don't think I'll forget anytime soon. So with that, I must leave you now to get some rest since I have early morning logistics work tomorrow morning!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment