Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 177: I Need Me Some Rest

Have you ever been in a situation where the relationship between you and someone else was at risk? Where because of a slight misunderstanding the mindset of a friend was at the point of completely changing? Well, I can now say that I've been in that situation.

My day started off well: pancakes at Andre's, and then Street Teams. It's a really good combo, especially when you end up hosting a pancake breakfast feed for the people you visit every Saturday. It was awesome; we had lots of fun inviting and serving people, but the debrief brought the bad news. We had received word that one of the residents was very upset that we didn't follow up on cleaning her windows, and since I knew exactly who it was, it got my immediate attention. She was one of the Russian ladies I was developing a friendship with, and I wasn't going to let a communication error stop our opportunities to reach out to her. So I went with one of the leaders to her flat to apologize and to let her know that we were going to definitely get those windows taken care of. It took a while to explain everything, but she eventually understood and we set up a specific time to come by next Saturday. I was very worried inside though; I couldn't imagine the thought of losing contact with one of our good friends. I'm just relieved that it's taken care of. The rest of the day was exactly as the title implies: resting. And now I'm going to do some more.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment