Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 171: Your words = life/death

Every time I've heard a word from God, it becomes something I cherish dearly. It's happened only a few times, but they have also been amongst the greatest moments of my life. Today I was reading the Bible on the morning, and I noticed a similar theme throughout my reading: a mouth of wisdom and honesty. It made me think about what I say and how I say it; it's amazing what you see in yourself when you simply reflect. Sometimes, you like what you see, and other times you get horrified by it. In a way, I've always been conscious of what I say, but like every other person in the world, I've had my fair share of moments where I said something that shouldn't have been said. It's a lesson that we tend to forget. One that we should always consider, yet one that can be forgotten in an instant. I think of Proverbs 15:1, where it says a soft answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger; if we don't watch what we say, we can really cause trouble.

I just felt like throwing that out there.

Well my day was awesome: Sunday morning choir, hanging out with my future flatmates and my current flatmates, editing/uploading a video, evening church, listening to our special guest speaker John Cameron from New Zealand, and resting for the fieldwork intensive training that will begin tomorrow. Keep me in prayer!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment