Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 165: The Blue Mountains

Today can be described in one word: EPIC. It started at an ungodly hour of 5:30 a.m.; the reason being that my friend Lazaro had me stay at his place so he could wake me up (last time I tried to go my alarm didn't wake me up, so I kinda missed the chance..) So around 6:40 we headed to Central Station to take a 2 hour train ride to a town called Katoomba, where the Blue Mountains reside. I have to tell you, this place is absolutely amazing. Like, as in I've never seen a place quite like this (other than Avatar haha). It's definitely become one of my favorite places in the world, and I can't wait for the next chance to go back. Everything about it was what I expected it to be: nature at it's most beautiful. From the trees, to the waterfalls, to the massive cliffs; this land is God's creation in it's finest. I feel so privileged to be in a world that He made, to see some of the most magnificent sites in the world. Fortunately, I got to get a lot of it on camera, so it will most definitely be put into a video blog. It's kind of funny seeing that this whole place reminded me of Avatar, and that just so happens to be the movie I'm watching right now! All in all, this was an epic day. Thank God for days off.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment