Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 156: Destiny...

So today was another amazing day. As every Saturday morning now starts, I woke up early to head over for breakfast at Hagen's Pancake Flat (it's not really called that, but it should be). The always faithful Nowregian Andre wowed us yet again with hearty servings of caramel chocolate and caramel coconut pancakes; if you've never heard of coconut fused with pancake, I can honestly say it's a happy accident. Straight after, it was time for Street Teams, which went very well. I had a blast hanging out with Yelena and Boris, one of the most adorable Russian couples in the Towers; they totally exemplify the kind of love I want to share with that special someone someday. Another great couple is Ludmilla and her husband, Illyat. She was rearranging some stuff while he went out to buy the groceries; how awesome is that? They're well into their 70s, but as active as anyone else! I left inspired this morning; I also left with a challenge for next week: I'm supposed to recite the entire Russian alphabet to one of the Russian ladies that agreed to help me and Rebecca learn how to speak Russian. I find it amazing how God works. I remember when my dad told me about how a long time ago he was sent to Moscow for training. I could only imagine how it must have been for him being in a foreign country learning new things. Yet here I am, away in a (kind of) foreign country and learning the Russian language to communicate with them! It's like on of those full circles; how cool! This is a tough language to learn, but with God's help, I'll get it down. Anyways, the afternoon was pretty much relaxing, getting some rest, and working on assessments. In the evening I got invited to hang out with my connect group leader, Georg (yes, it's spelled like that), and a few visiting friends from Powerhouse. We watched Prince of Persia, which I must say was most impressive. I give it a 9 out of 10; probably some of the best acting I've seen from Jake Gyllenhall. So if you haven't seen it, go check it out! Sunday's coming; can't wait!!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment