Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 166: Business and Birthdays

Today was awesome. Just awesome.

This morning marked the final Personal Leadership lecture class of the semester, and it was a bittersweet moment. I'll miss Duncan's intellectual wisdom; yes, I'll have him as a teacher next semester, but this class was so good. Chapel was also amazing; I was so excited to see my good friends and fellow first semester students Donny, (B)ryan, and Jennifer leading worship today. Just goes to show we have amazing people of God in our midst. Instead of a word, we had a sort of panel consisting of 2nd and 3rd year students, as well as Katie Peters, that answered questions submitted by us college students. It was informative and fun, so I'm glad that we got to do that. In the afternoon, I was hard at work putting together my dad's birthday video; I have to say I'm getting better at sitting in the director's chair! I also worked on finishing my last assessment of the semester, and I'm pretty close to having it all set. I just have to go to the school and take care of some papers that have yet to be signed. However, the evening was loads of fun, because I went with several amazing friends to celebrate our friend Lauren's 21st birthday. We went to Pancakes On the Rocks (her first time) and feasted IHOP style (that means breakfast for dinner). I also got to connect with two Jonathans: One 3rd year from Brazil, and the other 2nd year (nicknamed "J-Brew") from South Carolina. That was cool, considering I've never had a real conversation with them. We had a great time with dinner, and it was so good to just hang out with such goo friends that I've made over this semester. They're one of the reasons I get encouraged to push forward on this journey. Lord, please bless all the friends I have throughout the world; thank You that I don't have to do life by myself.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment