Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 158: A Toast To Change

So today was a bittersweet one; it was the last "music class day". Pretty much what's happening is we don't have any more Music Excellence or Worship Band classes, because next week is a public holiday and the following two weeks is Fieldwork Intensives. THEN it's Hillsong Conference; and before I know it, a fourth of my journey will be done.. wow, that was fast.. So the morning started with a hangout style lecture with Mary Capper. She set up the 2nd auditorium like a lounge and she then told us that we were going to have a toast for change. we then watched a clip from Freedom Writers, where the teacher introduced the "Toast To Change" to her students; pretty much, we were going to mimic that part of the movie, but with our personal experiences. It was a sweet time, and I feel a lot more confident about next semester. For the Worship Band, we had great time just jamming as a band and playing around with the awesome Jam HUB. We shared favorite and not so favorite moments of the semester, and I feel like we all bonded a little more. We had to miss out on the Music Excellence tutorial because of Master Classes happening on Thursday, but it's fine I guess. The afternoon consisted of me working on stuff on my computer and having an extended devotion time to cover what I missed over the weekend; that ended up being THE best thing I did today, because I got a lot out of Scripture today. I felt refreshed after that, and it made the rest of the day awesome. I got to hear my flatmate Erik speak his message for his assessment, and he did a great job; he's just the kind of guy I'd like to be similar to by my second year, hands down. God's just been really blessing me on overload lately, and I can't help but enjoy every moment of it. Tomorrow should be good 8)

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment