Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 170: Silliness In Sydney

I love it when the weekend is loaded with fun, amazing activities. After having such a busy week, it was nice to have a day where I could do thing without pressure of assignments in the back of your mind. I watched the USA/Slovenia game very early in the morning, and I have to give major props to the guys for making an epic comeback to tie the game. After getting some hours of sleep, I woke up and got ready to head to Hagen's House of Pancakes; today he made caramel crunch and malt chocolate pancakes that tasted like they were anointed with oil. Then I had Street Teams, which was SO good today; I got to "MC" by giving the announcements, my group had a great time chatting with the people of the Towers and cleaning their homes, and a Russian couple was so kind enough to give us Tim Tams for our service. I love the Russians now; they're all such wonderful people to be around. The main highlight was seeing Maria again; it's been a very long time since we've seen her, and we've been a bit worried. She talked about how her visit to Sisterhood was unusual since a woman she tried to talk with wasn't very receiving. It was sad to hear, since we've been trying to make a connection with her; hopefully we can get more opportunities to keep in touch with her. After our debrief, I went to the city with Andrew and Donny to help Andrew get some not so expensive jeans for his trip back home in between semesters. It was a good time, since they're two of my best buddies out here. When I got back, it was some web surfing, chatting with Hannah for a little while, and resting from the lack of enough sleep. I also got to do some video editing, which was a lot of fun. Basically, to make up for the lack of vlogs over the past several weeks, I am making not one, but 3 video blogs, which will be released hopefully before Hillsong Conference. Well, I shall update you on tomorrow when tomorrow comes!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment