Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 161: The Stuff of Legends, Mate

So today was pretty, pretty good. Sisterhood made my morning, as always. Lots of fun setting up, serving water, and being in Misterhood; what a blessing!! I had a pretty good break in between that and my Old Testament tutorial: mainly just chilling, checking email, and getting lunch. Old Testament was a bittersweet time; it was a very good class, but we found out that it was our last one with Bill. I really like Bill as a teacher; I'll sure miss him. I had another good break in between that and master classes, so I just went back to my place and relaxed some more.
Master classes are pretty cool I reckon. I went to the bass one since my friend Jarryd mentioned he tends to be alone in master classes. It was a lot of fun; I learned some new stuff about the bass and what it contributes to the music. I feel like I might switch my major next semester to bass guitar; that way I can learn more and improve my skill. Team Night was good too; worship was amazing, and we got to hear from Sarah Morgan.
However, what made the day was what I just got back from. So there's this group of guys that have been doing these ridiculous challenges involving random foods, and today definitely topped their list of crazy antics. We took a visit to Maccas (McDonald's) for this challenge: they were supposed to eat a family dinner box by themselves and run back to the Meriton apartments. First one to win got prize money. So this is pretty much what summed up the challenge:
A Maccas family dinner box includes -
1. 2 Big Macs
2. 2 small cheeseburgers
3. 6 piece nuggets
4. 2 sets of fries
5. 2 small drinks and 2 medium drinks
so each guy had to eat ALL this AND run back to the Meritons. Needless to say it was very entertaining. We had people taking pictures and recording video to document this glorious event (which will be posted on Facebook no doubt) and I can actually say I'm proud of their accomplishment. Joel Berge of Norway (who actually set up this whole thing, including talking to the manager of the Maccas restaurant) took the victory, all while wearing a hot pink Hello Kitty pajama suit (complete with a hood showcasing Hello Kitty's face and even a bunny tail). These guys are nuts, but they have been immortalized for their efforts. good job, you bunch of crazy people!

God is good, so may He bless you mucho,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment