Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 175: La Bamba

Here's the thing: when it comes to intensives training, the name says it all. Intense. Training. Yesterday I got 7 hours of service out of 30 I need to have by next week, and today I added another 5. The day started off with Sisterhood, which was good. Misterhood, however, was just madness. We had indoor soccer, and may I just say these are the times when you get to see the crazy side of Hillsong church. It was fun, entertaining, and downright hilarious. To have team names like Curry & Crumpets, Team Jolly, Ghana's Pride, Team Awesome (really guys, that's the best you could do?), and Baguette Ready, just brought out the laughs so much. I'm kinda hoping we do that again!
My afternoon is what named my blog entry for today: practice for the Spanish band. Yes, Hillsong requested City Campus to form a Spanish group to perform on one of the nights at Hillsong Conference, and we have a really good group. I am the bass player, since we have two guys that play Spanish-style piano better than I do, and I am loving it! We practiced 3 out of 15 songs we have to learn by the time of the conference so as you can imagine, we have a lot of pressure over our heads. Fortunately, we received the wonderful info that since we're performing in a different language, that our practice time counts with service hours! So basically when I'm practicing for the Spanish band, it counts towards the 30 hours of service required by next week; awesome! It's going to be such a fun time, I just know it. I had a couple hours of rest time before I headed back to church to help out with Streetbeat, the homeless ministry. It felt so good to be doing something that reflected home; being in a City Impact environment made it much more comfortable for me. Not to mention the Australian people are much more receiving than San Francisco people (no offense to the homeless back home though!) Plus, it was time that I got to serve alongside my roommate, Tyson; he's one of the driving forces of this ministry, so I give him big props for keeping it active. Altogther, I now have 12 hours of service out of 30; so hopefully by tomorrow, I'll have my targeted amount for this week. Praise God!!

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment