Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 208: New semester, new opportunities

Today was the beginning of my second semester. It sure was a good day. I came in at 7:20 to help the TV crew with chapel today; I have to say, I'm excited about being part of this group. They have so much fun while serving, and it's a lot of fun. After the lengthy rehearsal, it was time for the first intensive course of the semester: Teamwork. This week and next week will be focusing on the values, benefits, and Biblical foundations of what makes teamwork, so it should be loads of fun. Throughout the day, we got to hear from Katie, Catrina, and Anita; you gotta love a full day of classes with all female teachers, right? They are so full of wisdom, it's awesome! Chapel was great too; the team put together an opener using a song from this guy called Jonsi, and it was fun to watch. We got to hear some great praise reports, and we're believing for a lot more to come.
After the final intensive class, I stayed behind to help set up for the Sisterhood United night; basically, it's Sisterhood times two and on a Tuesday night instead of a Thursday morning. It was cool to help out, and to see the new guys help out too. After that, I came here and ended up visiting Donny's connect group. It was cool, since it was bunch of "big guns" like Anders, Kurt, Felipe, Logan, Georg, and Damien. Then it was going to a few different places like Cacho's, my place, and back to Cacho's to watch Nacho Libre. Amazing movie, if I say so myself. Now it is time for me to go to sleep, so I shall see you tomorrow.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment