Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 207: Welcome Back, Cap'n

Today was quite the eventful day. I woke up a bit later than normal, so I was just hanging out with my Irish friend, Andrew for a bit. My roommate Lazaro came back and had a question for me; I didn't know what to expect, so I kept my ears open. He told me about an opportunity for what I'd be serving in for chapels: overseeing part of the TV/Video team. I guess all this filming I've been doing has spread around enough to get the attention of one of my teachers, and now I have this chance to form a team and work on videos just for chapel. I don't know what to feel about this, other than excitement. I feel so privileged that they would be interested in using me, you know? That set me up for the rest of the day. I went to the Post Office with Donny and Cacho to help our new friend/fellow student Joel pick up a box sent by his family, and then we went to the city to help Donny find some places to hand out resumes. During our city trip, we stumbled upon what is now the greatest discovery we've found this whole year: a little store called Sugar Fix. What is so special about this store, you ask? It's nothing but imported goods, including American chocolates, pastries, cereals, sauces, and drinks. We left with a box of Cap'n Crunch and Reeses creamy peanut butter; I think we'll be making many, many more trips there in the near future. After that, we came back home and watched this movie called Strange Wilderness; definitely a movie that's fine for watching once. No more. I also got to hang out with some good friends, which was nice like it always is. Today, I feel that even though it's the last day of break, this new semester is going to help shape me into someone better capable of being the leader I'm called to be.

God bless,
Steven

P.S. The only thing that didn't go well today was trying to upload the new vlog; for some reason, Youtube uploads the video twice and sticks them together into one super long video. Since the limit is 10 minutes, it obviously rejected the video. Lame sauce; this means I have to completely re-do the whole vlog and attempt to upload it again. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment