Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 205: Film A La Fontaine

Today was a movie day. Not watching movies, but making them. It's like God's unraveling this hidden passion that birthed a couple years back with a small little school project called the Poly Chronicles (and later, another small project called New Life Academy). As most of you know, I've made a video accompaniment to this written blog on my Youtube channel; as the year has progressed, you'll notice I've been getting better with my editing, filming, and overall presentation. I'm even branching out to other videos now! Today resulted in two small video projects that I absolutely adore. The first one started around 6:30, because me, Donny, and Alison went to the airport to pick up our good friend Andrew. I decided to take Flipper, my camera, along for the ride, and as we were on our way, I got the idea of making a fake movie trailer about his coming back. So sure enough when we came back, I went straight to work, since I had a lot of free time before Street Teams. After Street Teams (which went excellent, by the way. I had a battle of Biblical proportions with a balcony completely renovated with bird poop, and it was awesome), I came home and finished up the project (which you can now see on Facebook, if you don't mind watching a random video or anything). I had a blast making it, and Andrew had a blast watching it; I'm so glad it turned out great! I spent the afternoon hanging out with the boys (and one Miss Brittany Laine) chowing down on some hot wings, carrot AND cheesecake, and watching the guys play basketball and soccer on the Xbox. In the evening I was randomly asked by my roommate, Laz, if I was interested in going to Mad Mex, the prime spot for a piece of home, with a group of friends. I agreed, and I also agreed to take my camera along just in case. The walk there, the dinner, and the walk back resulted in another fake movie trailer, which I just finished except for one other part. I find it awesome that even though I didn't go to art college as my original dream, God still finds a way to let me use my heart for the arts while pursuing Him; and that's wassup.

God bless,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment